What is Calvary all about….. Jesus showed us Calvary Love:
…Jesus is God
…Gave up heaven
…Voluntarily took on human flesh
…Limited himself in a fleshly body
…Chose to obey his parents
…Set his face toward Jerusalem
…Garden of Gethsemane decision
…The cross of Calvary
Amy Carmichael talks about Calvary love….
What are some characteristics of Calvary love?
- Humble (James 4:6,10)
- self-less…..self-sacrificial (1 Peter 2:15-25)
- not feelings oriented (Hebr. 10:22-25)
- focused on others (Phil. 2:1-4)
- focused on a higher plan (different plan / a greater plan) (Luke 22:42)
- dependent on a higher power (Hebr. 12:1-2; Rom. 12:1-2)
- willing to be used for a higher purpose (Acts 20:24)
What did that mean in Amy’s life? And what does it mean in our lives?
(”Grace in rivers is required for this, day by day…”)