Faith: Growing Our Faith in the Trials of Life.
Seeing our challenges through the eyes of the Lord….I Thes. 3:13 “to the end He may establish our hearts unblamable in Holiness before Him….(4:7) God hath…called us…unto Holiness.”
A.W Tozer said…”Whom God will use greatly, He will also hurt deeply.”
- Keep eyes on Jesus; Set your affections on Him. (11 Cor. 4:16-18; Col. 3:1-4
- Fill our mind and heart with the word of God. (Phil. 4:8-9; II Cor. 7:1)
- Talk to God; Pray the word of God back to Him. (Phil. 4:6-7; I Cor. 2:1-5; Col. 3:15-17)
- Remember His Promises. (Rom. 8:28 & 29; II Tim. 3:14-17)
- Know He loves you; Cares for His own. (Ps. 91:1,2,4,11,12; I Peter 5:7)
- He never leaves us or forsakes us. (Hebr. 13:5,8)
- Keep Praising Him. (Hebr. 13:15; Ps. 22:3; Ephes. 5:19-20)
- Keep choosing joy. (Hebrews 12:1,2, Psalm 16:8,9; John 15:1-11)
- Find something to smile about every day. (I Peter 4:12-14; Prov. 15:13)
- Keep giving to others during the trial. (II Cor. 9:7-8; Phil. 2:1-4; Romans 12:9-21)
- Surround yourself with mature Believers that you can trust. (Psalm 1:1-6; II Cor. 1:4-5; I Cor. 2:1-5)
- All things are from the hand of God for our Good. (Rom. 8:28-29; Hebr. 12:6,11-15)
- Remember…we are only passing through. (II Cor.5:7-10,20; Phil. 3:20; Job 23:10)
- Always HOPE (joyful, confident anticipation) in Christ, for this life and the life to come. (I Cor. 15:19)
Meet with God each morning so that:
….rather than viewing God through our challenges, we see our challenges through the eyes of the Lord, whom we have met with, and He is the one that has already prepared us to meet this challenge.
The Holy Spirit comforts and strengthens. John 17
Then… the Holy Spirit challenges and stretches. Phil. 2:13-16
What is the abundant Life? (It has nothing to do with earthly possessions.)
The abundant life (John 10:10) is a spiritual life of contentment (“in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content” (Phil. 4:11); Phil. 3:9 says “that I may know Him, and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His suffering (I Peter 4:13), being made conformable to His death.” (Rom. 8:17; II Cor. 4:10-11
Abundant Life is a full life of understanding what life is all about through the eyes of Christ, and by thinking Christ’s thoughts after Him. Assurance of salvation and assurance in God does not give us a license to sin, but gives us the liberty to please Him….fall in love with Jesus.